Classic Signature (iCT250) terminal presentation
This guide will show you how to install and start up your terminal in a few easy steps. It is important to carefully follow all instructions to ensure correct terminal operation.
- Model ICT250 terminal
- Power supply
- Phone cord for dial-up connection*
- 8-metre Cat5 network cable*
- Terminal installation and startup documentation
* Depending on the type of connectivity used
Terminal installation and startup
Follow these steps or consult the installation video to set up your terminal.
Step 1 : Connecting the terminal
1. Connecting the power cord:
- Plug the power cord (black) into the round socket to connect the power supply.
2. Connecting the communication line
If you are using a dial-up connection
- Plug the phone cord (black*) into the phone socket.
If you are using an IP link
- Plug the network cable (blue*) into the IP socket.
Note : This connection is intended for merchants with an IP link. If you have only a dial-up line, only connect the phone cord.
* The cable colour may sometimes be different.
Step 2: Starting up the terminal
After connecting the terminal, it is not necessary to turn it on because it initializes by itself.
At the end of this step, the Desjardins logo will appear on the terminal screen, commonly referred to as the idle screen.
Step 3: Inserting the thermal printer paper
- To open the terminal cover, lift the tab and push back the lid.
- Insert the paper roll.
- Push the terminal lid down to close it.
Recommended paper type for the terminal
- Recommended manufacturers and models :
- Kanzan KF50, Koehler KT55HS01, Jujo AF50KS-E or Mitsubishi P6402
- Grade :
- Single ply, POS or fax grade thermal paper
- Width :
- 2.28 in +/- 0.040 in (58 mm +/- 1 mm)
- Diameter :
- 1.57 in (40 mm maximum)
Step 4: Activating the terminal
No call is needed and no action is required. The terminal will be activated and ready to use within 24 hours after reception.
Do you want to activate your terminal right away? Do you have any questions? Feel free to contact us from Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at 1-800-363-3514 and follow the instructions below:
- Press 9 for English
- Option 1 to select Merchant
- Option 3 to select current request and option 2 to activate the equipment received by mail. An agent will gladely assist you.
Quick reference guide
Please consult the interactive quick installation and startup guide.
Your Ingenico ICT250 terminal allows the use of contactless cards to complete some transactions, depending on the amount and the type of transaction performed. Contactless transactions are quick and help reduce waiting time at the cash.
Contactless transaction steps :
- Start the transaction (rapid access key)
- Enter the amount
- Contactless card reading by the customer
- Transaction authorization
- Optional printing of client receipt
When a transaction is « contactless admissible», the contactless card reader, located on the terminal screen, is automatically activated. The contactless logo will appear on the screen and the first green light above the screen will be lighted.
To read the contactless card, the customer must present the card gently to the terminal screen. When the card has been read, the four (4) green lights above the screen will be lighted and a « beep » will be heard.
Printing of the client receipt is optional for a contactless transaction. The terminal will ask you if your client wants a receipt or not, (YES/NO question). If your client decides he wants a receipt after you’ve already answered NO, you can always reprint a receipt by using the «Reprint» option from the Main menu.
Need help ?
If you have difficulty connecting your terminal or if you experience technical problems, we invite you to call one of our agents. Day or night, they will be happy to help you.
To contact the Desjardins technical support for payment terminals:
- dial 514-281-2880 or 1-800-363-3514;
- press “9” for service in English;
- press “1” for Merchant Services;
- press “2” to speak to an agent.
Consult the user guide which contains additional information on your terminal and its functions.
Training is included with the installation of your terminal. From Monday to Friday, from 8:30 AM to 5 PM, call 514-281-2880 or 1-800-363-3514, press “9” for service in English, then press “1” followed by “2” to speak to an agent.