Thanks to the account updater, you can request updates of your customers’ Visa and Mastercard credit card information. These updates help you with the ongoing processing of recurring pre-authorized payments by eliminating the need for you to check with your customers to see if their credit card information has changed.
01 HOW THE ACCOUNT UPDATER SERVICE WORKS
With NETBANX by Paysafe, you can request an update of the number and expiry date of your customers’ Visa and Mastercard credit cards.
customer profile option
With the customer profile option, NETBANX automatically updates the payment card data stored in the customer profiles.
- Paysafe submits a request to Desjardins’s account updater service to check if there is up-to-date credit card information available under certain conditions.
- Desjardins then submits a request to Visa and Mastercard on your behalf.
- Visa and Mastercard return the new cardholder information to Desjardins, if there is any.
- Desjardins sends you the updated information.
On the first day of every month, NETBANX selects the card data in your customer profiles that meet the following conditions:
- The billing record for the card is active
- The card will expire in the current month
- The card hasn’t been updated in the last 6 months
With the file-based option, you can securely upload files containing payment card data to Netbanx.
- You upload the files containing requests for your customers’ credit card information to the account updater service.
- Paysafe submits a request to Desjardins’s account updater service to check if there is up-to-date credit card information available.
- Desjardins then submits a request to Visa and Mastercard.
- Within 3 or 4 days, Netbanx will send you a file containing a query response code indicating the results of the request for most records.
- Once you receive the information, you have 5 days to update your database if you want these changes to be reflected in the next billing period.
For more information, visit Paysafe website.