The Invoices Package allows customers to use their payment card to securely pay invoices over the Internet.
The invoice uploading function allows the merchant to import a batch of invoices into the PAYABLE payment system via a CSV file. The merchant control panel provided¬ allows the merchant to manage the imported invoices.
The PAYABLE system allows merchants to administer their invoices using the addition, modification, deletion and search functions.
These functions are available via the Merchant Control Panel for merchants that have subscribed to the Invoices Package.
The Merchant Control Panel is accessible at the following URL:
To access your Control Panel, you must use the user ID and password provided to you by email when your contract was signed.
If you require assistance to access your Control Panel, you may contact our Business Support Centre:
By email: email@example.com
By telephone: 514 397-4450 or 1 888 285-0015
The invoice uploading by CSV function is available on the Merchant Control Panel home page, via the « Import an invoice file » link in the « Invoice management » section.
File upload screen description
The invoice file upload screen contains the following information:
- A reminder of the last import performed (date and result).
- An « Upload template file » link allowing the upload of an empty CSV file to act as a template for the import file. This file contains only the headings required for the import. These headings must never be modified.
- The area to select the file to be imported (selected from your computer).
- A quick description of the import file columns (column name, description and example).
- The « Validate » and « Abandon » buttons.
Uploading an invoice file
To upload an invoice file:
- Click the « Browse » button
- Select the desired file from your computer
- Click the « Validate » button
- Please note that certain fields are optional. The associated column must not be deleted; just leave the cell empty.
- When subscribing to the Invoices Package, you may choose for all invoices:
- A fixed and unmodifiable invoice amount (the amount must be in the corresponding column)
- An invoice amount that is modifiable by the customer (the amount must be in the corresponding column)
- An absent amount to allow free entry of the amount (an amount must not be present in the corresponding column)
- It is also possible to leave the amount column empty. This will allow the customer themself to enter the amount to pay.
In the case of a file format error (missing column, file too large, …), the error is clearly displayed in red at the top of the upload screen.
Invoice file upload confirmation
During upload of an invoice file, if there are no format errors, the system displays the confirmation screen.
For guidance purposes, the confirmation screen indicates the number of invoices to be created, modified, deleted, ignored as well as the total number of invoices in the file.
Please note that ignored invoices are those for which the « action » column is empty in the CSV file.
To continue the invoice file upload, click the « Confirm » button.
The « Back » button cancels the current function and returns to the upload screen to import another file.
The « Abandon » button cancels the current function and returns to the Control Panel home page.
Viewing the import results
When the « Confirm » button is clicked, the Control Panel will process each line of the CSV file and import the invoices into the PAYABLE payment system.
The summary screen displays the results of the import process.
Firstly, it indicates the number of invoices created, modified, deleted, ignored and in error.
If there were errors detected, a second table lists all the errors encountered.
Each error line indicates:
- The line number
(i.e. the line number in the CSV file)
NB: The CSV file header line is ignored. Therefore, line 1 will correspond to the first invoice in the file, that is line 2 of the Excel file)
- The reference
This is the invoice reference. If the reference was not provided in the file, this information will not be displayed.
- The error type
This is the type of error that was encountered.
The error type may be:
Empty field : A mandatory field was not filled in.
Incorrectly formatted field : Invalid value (date, amount, …) Not as defined in the import page description
Field length : Value entered was too long
Unknown currency : The currency specified was not recognized
Existing invoice: The invoice to be created already exists
Non existent invoice : The invoice to be deleted or modified does not exist
Invoice paid : The invoice to be modified or deleted has already been paid
Duplicate invoice : The CSV file contains multiple invoices with the same invoice reference
- The field : The CSV file column where the error occurred.
- The value : The CSV file value for the line and column concerned.
The export functions (in XML or CSV format) provide for the export of the numbers of invoices processed (created, deleted, …) and the list of errors detected.
Please note that invoices having at least one error were not loaded into the system. To upload these missing invoices, the errors must be corrected and the import file resubmitted.
The creation function is available on the Merchant Control Panel home page via the « Create a new invoice » link in the « Invoice management » section.
The new invoice creation form is divided into two sections: the first contains invoice-related information while the second contains customer-related information.
- Fields followed by an asterisk (*) are mandatory
- The « Customer search » link is used in the case of an existing customer - just enter an existing customer number and click on the link. The whole customer block will be automatically filled in.
To create an invoice:
- Complete the form
- Click the « Next » button
- Click the « Confirm » button
A redirection to the pending invoices section occurs.
A message indicates that the function was successfully executed.
The telephone/mail payment function is available on the Merchant Control Panel home page, via the « Settle an invoice by telephone/mail » link in the « Invoice management » section.
Settle an invoice
This section reproduces what the customer would see on the PAYABLE site. Just enter the customer number and reference, then click the « Validate » button.
A confirmation screen is displayed and if all looks correct, click the « Confirm » button.
The user is then redirected to the payment page where they are prompted to enter their payment card information.
This section displays all pending invoices. A pending invoice is one that has not yet been paid.
It contains the following:
A : the period displayed. By default, the last 7 days are displayed. It is possible to choose a range of dates. However, you cannot go back in time more than 13 months. The reference date for this filter is the invoice issue date that is indicated in the file.
B : clicking this link causes redirection to the invoice creation form.
C : clicking this link causes redirection to a form to select invoices to be deleted.
D : clicking this link causes redirection to a form to select invoices to be followed up by sending an email to the associated customers. This is only possible for invoices that are associated with an email address.
E : clicking this link displays the invoice’s detailed information.
Display invoice details
To access an invoice’s details, click the « Details » link.
From the invoice detail, one can:
- Modify the invoice (A): All invoice information except for the customer number and reference number is modifiable.
- Delete the invoice (B): Upon confirmation, the invoice is deleted.
- Follow up the associated customer by email (C): The link is present if the invoice contains an email address. The customer associated with this invoice will receive a follow-up email with the current invoice information and how to settle it.
This section displays all paid invoices. A paid invoice is one that has been settled.
It contains the following:
A: the period displayed. By default, the last 7 days are displayed. It is possible to choose a range of dates. However, you cannot go back in time more than 13 months. The reference date for this filter is the invoice payment date.
B: clicking this link causes redirection to the invoice details. In this case a specific « Payment » box displays a direct link to the payment detail.
Access to PAYABLE site
To inform your customer that they need to settle an invoice, you can send them an email containing all the ncessary information (invoice reference, customer number, …) and especially the address of the website to perform the transaction.
The address to be provided is:
where « your_mnemonic » is replaced by the mnemonic that was sent to you upon signing of your contract.
By clicking on the link provided in the email, the customer is redirected to an invoice search page. There they simply enter the invoice reference and their customer reference.
These elements must have previously been communicated to the customer.
View an invoice
Upon clicking the « Search » button, if the invoice is found, the user is then redirected to a page that summarizes all the invoice information:
- Invoice reference
- Customer reference
- Issue date
- Customer last name
- Customer first name
- Customer email address
- Customer address
- Invoice description
Pay an invoice
Upon clicking the « Confirm » button, the customer is redirected to the page where they can pay the invoice.
This payment is a traditional online payment using a payment card.