- Integrity of data exchanged between the merchant server and the Monetico server provided by a seal,
- Authentication of the merchant issuing the payment request,
- Confidentiality of data exchanged between the online shopper and the Monetico payment server (payment card number, expiry date and visual cryptogram) provided by TLS encryption,
- Direct entry of Payment card details on the Monetico secure site, ensuring that neither the merchant, nor any technical intermediary, will have knowledge of payment card information,
- Native integration of the Visa 3D Secure / MasterCard Secure Code feature, which allows Monetico to ensure payment in countries where the solution is deployed.
The Monetico Payment solution is easily integrated in your website, regardless of its configuration. Your customers’ card payments are processed and recorded for you by this solution.
Checks are particularly based on:
- validity of the card number
- visual cryptogram
- expiry date of the card
- the exceptions file
- card balance
- cardholder identify
You receive immediate information on your server after each payment made on our platform, notifying you whether the payment succeeded or failed. In addition, we can also email you the result of the payment.
The following table contains a lexicon of certain terms used in this document.
purchase cancellation, preauthorization reversal
payment card, PC
« phonie »
telephone call for authorization
TPE - Terminal de Paiement Électronique
EPT – Electronic Payment Terminal
TPEV – TPE virtuel
VEPT – virtual EPT
buyer, customer, client
Payment networks, languages, currencies
Monetico Payment accepts national and international payment cards of the following networks:
- American Express
To facilitate payment by your customers, the payment pages are available in 2 languages:
Payments are processed in:
- Canadian dollars
Payment phase description
The online shopper enters the Monetico secure site after clicking on the « Pay using payment card » button on the merchant site:
The customer can always see the merchant name and identifier and the transaction reference.
You can customize payment pages with the merchant logo (image of 120 pixels by 120 pixels maximum). Simply provide the URL of the downloadable GIF image, located on the merchant server.
The online shopper enters their payment card number, the expiry date and the visual cryptogram on the back of their card, then clicks the « VALIDATE » button:
After processing the payment, the Monetico secure site displays:
- A summary ticket containing the essential transaction information (amount, currency, date and time, authorization number) allowing the online shopper to have a record of the transaction (provided that they print it);
- A link (whose text is customizable) that allows the online shopper to return to the merchant site
Control panel and virtual terminal
To process your transactions, we provide a merchant manager, a Control Panel for orders recorded on your site.
Your merchant manager provides 4 groups of functions:
- Transaction management: collection (partial, total, deferred), cancellation of a transaction or refund (partial or total).
- History: list of transactions recorded over six rolling months, details of each transaction, downloading of history, view of declined transactions.
- Configuration: daily activity reporting configuration, fraud prevention module configuration
- Transaction input: you directly enter orders from other channels (email or phone) with the same payment card validations. This optional feature is available only for certain activities.
Virtual Terminal (phone and mail order)
This option can be activated immediately on your terminal. It allows you yourself to enter your customer’s card number to validate an order. This transaction is performed through your Merchant Control Panel.
Three of the six modes of operation described in this section are supported by Desjardins. These modes are exclusive of each other on a given terminal and an EPT operates in a single mode (as specified in the contract):
- Immediate payment (Purchase)
- Deferred payment (Preauthorization)
- Recurring payment (subscription)
Immediate payment (Purchase)
The payment authorization request is made directly at order time; if the authorization is delivered, the payment is finalized immediately. In this mode, you cannot cancel the payment.
This payment method is compatible with 3D Secure authentication.
Deferred payment (Preauthorization)
The payment authorization request is made directly at order time ; but payment finalization not triggered automatically, it is deferred. It can be triggered at any time within a period that is configured between 0 and 7 working days.
In this mode, the merchant can view on their Control Panel, during this period, the list of preauthorized payments pending completion.
Preauthorization completion can be performed by the merchant via their Control Panel or via the Capture web service.
The merchant can also opt, if desired, for an automatic completion (performed by our servers) at the end of the deferral period. If this option is not enabled and the merchant has not requested completion during the deferral period, then the payment request is cancelled and can no longer be completed.
This payment method is compatible with 3D Secure authentication.
Note: If completion is requested on a Saturday (automatically or manually via the Control Panel or via the Capture web service), it will be effective only on the following Monday.
Your EPT is configured for 2 days automatic preauthorization completion. If you perform a preauthorization on a Thursday, it will only be completed on the following Monday.
Recurring payment (subscription)
- the renewal date: either a given day of the month or the anniversary date of the order,
- the periodicity: monthly, quarterly, ...
- maximum number of renewals
- the type of payment for each recurrence:
- automatic renewal day,
- automatic last day of recurrence (if no manual payment was done during the recurrence),
- none: in this case, managing the payment is the merchant’s responsibility
This option can be activated immediately on your terminal. It facilitates the payment process for the customer to the maximum. Its principle is to associate the customer’s payment card data with a unique alias that you provide to us. 3DSecure authentication of the customer is required for the card data to be stored.
During subsequent payments, the customer will have to enter only the verification code that appears on the back of their card.
This option is available only for the modes of immediate payment and deferred.
The following diagram and paragraph show the flow of exchanges that occur during a payment, between the online shopper, the merchant Web server and the secure Monetico server.
- ? Check that the amount and the reference correspond to the settling of a recorded order pending payment
- ? Update the order status in the databases
- ? Send a confirmation email to the merchant and/or the online shopper
- ? Etc.
Interfacing merchant server/ payment server
- either be called using the Monetico examples,
- or an equivalent function be implemented that meets our specifications and RFC2104 (refer to www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2104.txt).
- The order reference must be unique. It must be changed (incremented for example) before each call to create the payment form
- The first « , » or « . » character will be considered as a decimal point in the order amount. Thus « 1.23 CAD » but also « 1.234,50 CAD » will be equivalent to 1,23 CAD (French decimal indicator comma)
- either call on the certification seal calculation and test function for the information returned by the Monetico server, then the acknowledgement receipt generation function to send to the Monetico server, present in the Monetico examples,
- or implement equivalent functions, meeting our specifications and the RFC2104.
Installation of the solution
Step 1: Provision of technical elements
- the technical specifications for interfacing with Monetico
- examples of implementing components (HMAC-MD5 or HMAC-SHA1) to authenticate exchanges with Monetico (these components exist in all environments, usually available as standard components, rarely associated with a specific licence to which the merchant must comply)
Step 2: Provision of the merchant security key
This step is triggered upon receipt by Monetico of correctly completed merchant contracts endorsed by Monetico. Monetico sends to the merchant contract signatory company:
- an ID and password to access its order manager in the test and production environments,
- an email inviting the merchant to connect to their Control Panel to retrieve the security key.
Step 3: Configuring the test payment server
This step is triggered upon receipt by Monetico of the elements for setting up the payment server.
Monetico emails the merchant or their designated technical representative a confirmation of the test payment server configuration. The company has at this stage all the required elements for conducting and validating its developments in the test environment.
Step 4: Production deployment of the merchant’s virtual EPT
This step is triggered upon receipt by Monetico of an email from the merchant requesting production deployment of their virtual EPT; the presence of complete and conclusive tests on the payment server is essential.
Production deployment can only be done after three successive successful payments have been carried out in the last seven days. A successful payment is a payment for which the authorization request was approved and for which the CGI2 return is correctly processed by the merchant.
Monetico then sends the merchant an email to confirm the opening in production of its virtual EPT, and reminding them of their ID and dedicated address for tracking their payments.
Payment server URLs
The test environment is available at the following address:
After having validated your development, you can contact the production server, available at the following address:
We draw your attention to the fact that the payment forms sent to the production server will be actual payments.
Merchant Control Panel URLs
You can view the payments carried out on your EPT via the Merchant Control Panel available at the following address: