Monetico Mobile is a new mobile payment solution!
- Easy to use
- Fast online registration
- Accept card payments anywhere, any time
- Inexpensive keypad
- Free payment app
- Single rate, no surcharges or hidden fees
- No monthly fees – only pay for what you use
- No commitment – no penalty or contract termination fees
- Automatic, fast account deposit
- Simpler accounting
- No sensitive data is saved on the device or keypad
- Ongoing support – Fraud prevention – Compliance with security standards
Introducing Monetico Mobile
How it works
Use the Monetico Mobile app, available for free from Google Play and the App Store, to process card payments on your smart device.
Accept card payments in just 3 steps:
1. You enter the sale amount into the Monetico Mobile app.
2. Your customer inserts a credit card into the card reader and enters their PIN.
3. You send a receipt to your customer by email or text message.
The Monetico Mobile keypad is a secure standalone chip card reader. In order to work, it has to be connected to a compatible mobile device via a wireless Bluetooth connection.
• The screen is continually lit while the Monetico Mobile keypad is in use.
• The battery charge level is displayed at the top right of the screen.
• The Bluetooth activation is displayed at the top left via the BT icon.
• The keypad is similar to that of a traditional payment terminal and is only used to enter the payment car PIN at the time of the transaction.
This button is used to CANCEL the transaction prior to PIN validation. (Remove the payment card).
This button is used to CORRECT the last digit entered.
This button is used to CONFIRM the PIN entry.
Starting up the keypad
When the keypad is started up, it successively displays the following messages:
• The Monetico Mobile logo
• Bluetooth OK when it is ready to be associated to a mobile device.
• Connection when associated with a smartphone
• Waiting when the keypad is ready for use.
To turn off the keypad, press the ON/OFF button.
Using the keypad
• The keypad works on 2 AAA batteries. Depending on the batteries and keypad use, you should be able to perform approximately 400 transactions on one set of batteries.
• To work properly, the keypad must be located less than 10 metres from the smart device.
• To increase battery life, the keypad automatically turns off when not in use for more than 90 seconds.
• When the battery level is low, a security function displays a warning message at start-up and then turns the keypad off in order to reduce the risk of it shutting down during a transaction.
• To replace the batteries, turn off the keypad then turn it over. Press the two plastic cover latches to lift the cover.
It’s easy to start using Monetico Mobile. Just follow these steps!
1. Download the app
Simply search for the Monetico Mobile app in the App Store or Google Play, download and install it.
2. Pair the smart device with the keypad
• Launch the app on the smart device.
• After displaying the welcome screen, the app will redirect you to the authentication screen.
Enter your ID and temporary password (received by email). This password is only valid for the first login and must be changed before the next login.
Your new password will be valid for the online control panel and any other smart device.
Changing your password
The first time you log in to the app, you must choose a new password. The new password must contain at least 8 alphanumerical characters. If the two passwords entered are different, you will be required to re-enter them in order to obtain two identical passwords.
You will be redirected to the keypad setup (pairing) page where you will have two options:
1. Set up the keypad
2. Skip the keypad setup (it will have to be done later) and go directly to the payment screen.
If you choose to skip the setup, you’ll be able see the app and the payment page but you will not be able to accept payments until the keypad has been set up.
Setting up the keypad
This step associates the keypad with the smart device in three steps the first time you log in:
1. Bluetooth verification
The application verifies that Bluetooth is activated on your telephone. The result is displayed in the form of a logo:
• Green logo: Bluetooth is activated. The application will automatically go to the following step to continue the pairing.
• Red logo: Bluetooth is deactivated on the smart device. You must activate the Bluetooth; once it has been activated, the app will automatically detect it and go to the next step.
2. Keypad search
The app searches for a nearby Monetico Mobile keypad and associates it with the smart device. Tap the logo in the middle of the screen and the app will make the
You will be redirected to the setup confirmation screen for a few seconds, then to the payment screen. The keypad will display the “Waiting” message.
The keypad is ready to use!
At any time during this procedure, you may skip the setup using the SKIP button located at the top left of the screen. However, you must complete the setup in order
to perform transactions (the option is accessible via the Settings menu).
Using the app
Logging in, passwords, users and more: this section will help you better understand how the app works.
The app saves your user ID. All you have to do when you log in is enter your password and tap LOGIN button.
Keypad service status
At each login, the app verifies that the keypad is useable. You will automatically be directed to the service status test page.
This is a two-step test:
- Bluetooth verification
The app verifies that the Bluetooth is activated on your smart device. The result is displayed as a logo.
• Green logo: Bluetooth is activated and the app will go to the next step to continue verifying the pairing.
• Red logo: Bluetooth is deactivated on the smart device.
PAYMENTS AND REFUNDS
Understanding the payment and refund functions is the key
Making a payment
Enter an amount using the numeric keypad displayed onscreen. A button allows you to correct the entry. The amount entered is displayed in the amount field onscreen. You can process the transaction immediately by pressing the PAY button or enter the following information that will appear on the receipt:
• Photo or image (e.g., of the product sold)
• Transaction description (product or service name)
Making a refund
In the current version of the app, a transaction can only be refunded in full. To refund a transaction, go to the transaction record screen. (Menu > Transactions > Select the transaction). In the transaction record, press the button. The refund confirmation screen will then open. On this screen, choose the reason for the refund. To confirm the refund, tap on REFUND THE TRANSACTION.
To validate the refund, enter your password (same as your login password).
Every transaction you carry out contains its own batch of important information. Increase operational efficiency and improve customer service by learning to interpret this information.
Accessing the menu
The icon in the upper left corner provides access to the menu from the payment screen
Tapping the TRANSACTIONS button displays the screen that lists all transactions, regardless of status, carried out on the account (all devices combined). Transactions are displayed in chronological order from the most recent to the oldest.
To view the details of a given transaction, tap the transaction label, and a new screen will open displaying the transaction location, status, and amount, and some information about the card used. Three buttons allow you to return to the transaction list page, email the transaction records or refund the transaction.
Sending transaction details (receipts)
The app allows you to send the transaction records to a customer to provide them with additional information about the transaction or to confirm a refund. To send the transaction record, go to the Transaction records page and tap the button. You will be redirected to the customer email address/telephone number input page. A confirmation screen containing a partial summary of the transaction information will open.
ONLINE CONTROL PANEL
The online control panel is a tool to manage and track your activity from a dedicated Web interface. It allows you to track statistics, perform refunds, view and edit your profile, export data and access documentation.
Access the online control panel at http://ttps://www.commercants.monetico.ca/en.
To log in, use the same user ID and password that you use to log in to the mobile app. The control panel is compatible with the following browsers: IE9, Google Chrome and Firefox.
The interface consists of three parts:
1. Home page: Contains an activity summary and a profile summary. This data is calculated for the current day, the previous day and the last 7 days.
2. Payment management: Contains all information on processed payments/refunds.
3. Tools : This lets you change your password and view summaries.
To produce more detailed reports or to import data to the tool of your choice, you can export the data to a CSV or XML file using the following buttons: DOWLOAD XML DOWNLOAD CSV
To view the details of a transaction, click the corresponding line in the table. The Web interface lets you print the transaction record.
Issuing a refund
Go to the transaction records page. Press the REFUND button to initiate the refund process.
The profile zone lets you view and edit your company information, including the information that will appear on transaction records.
Changing your password
To change your Monetico Mobile password (for app login, refunds, etc.), go to the Settings interface (available from the menu). Enter your current password on the first line and your new password on the next line (minimum 8 alphanumeric characters).
If you did not enter your new password identically twice, the change will not be applied. To complete the procedure, press the CONTINUE button. You will be redirected to the Settings screen and a message indicating the operation was successful will be displayed. You can now use your new password to log in to the application or issue refunds.
Bluetooth is a wireless data exchange protocol between two devices equipped with this technology. Before the devices can communicate with each other, they must be
paired (linked together). In order to communicate properly, the two devices must be located less than 10 metres from each other, without any obstacles between them. Go to your device’s Settings menu to activate Bluetooth service
A keypad is a secure standalone chip card reader. In order for it to work, you must connect it to your smart device. At payment time, your customer inserts their credit card into the keypad and enters their PIN to validate the payment.
Authorization is the action taken by the keypad once the PIN is validated by the banking servers.
A user ID is a unique code that lets you securely log in to Monetico Mobile app and the online control panel. Desjardins sends it to you once your account is activated. You’ll only need to enter it the first time you launch to the app or if you change users on the same device.
Once you’ve signed up for Monetico Mobile, Desjardins sends you a confidential password that you can use to log in to the mobile app, make transactions and view reports.
Online control panel
The online control panel is a web-based application that lets you view your purchase transactions and provide refunds. It also lets you assign user IDs and passwords to whomever you choose and export transaction data.