Gift card migration
At Desjardins we constantly strive to offer you products adapted to your needs.That’s why we’ve revamped the gift card program.
The new program includes all the same features you’re used to, but it also gives you more flexibility and more advanced tools to work with.
Benefits of the new program
- A set monthly price for an unlimited number of transactions.
- Order cards and customize your card visuals in our new self-service store.
- Order as few as 50 cards.
- Get them in as few as 10 business days.
- Choose from multiple display options for your transactions and cards in the new dashboard.
- Card management options: Change card statuses, make adjustments and transfer their balance to another card.
- Give your customers the ability to check their card balances and transaction histories online.
Steps of the migration
- 8 weeks before migration : Send the letter to the manager account of the gift card program, announcing the migration.
- 7 weeks before migration : Call from an advisor to discuss the migration and answer questions.
- 6 weeks before migration : Email about your existing card inventory, if you have one.
- 4 weeks before migration : Letter sent to merchants participating in the gift card program.
- 5 days before migration : Reminder email with all of the support documents for migration.
- Day of migration : Program migrated between 3:00 a.m. ET and 10:00 a.m. ET.
Emails sent with login information for the new online store and the new dashboard where you can track your activities.
What to do with your card inventory
Since the gift card program is migrating to a new platform, a new supplier will be in charge of printing and customizing gift cards.
If you still have cards in stock with us, here are the two possible scenarios:
- If you have fewer than 1,000 cards to be customized in stock at our offices, you’ll get an email asking you if we should customize them or destroy them.
- If you have 1,000 or more cards in stock at our officers, they will automatically be transferred to our new supplier. They can be customized when you need them.
How to customize your remaining cards after migration
To customize the cards left in stock, contact technical support at 1-877-572-6439 from 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday to Friday, or by email at email@example.com.
Explanation of the migration
- You program will be migrated between 3:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m., and you won’t need to do anything with your terminals.
- All your cards—whether they’re sitting in the store or out in circulation already—will continue working normally.
- If you have promotional cards, don’t worry! They’ll be migrated before their expiration date.
If you have a solution that’s integrated with your cash register software, you won’t need to update anything. If your software doesn’t currently let you use reloadable gift cards and you’d like to, contact your software provider so that they can make the necessary updates or developments.
Explanation of fees
By transforming our gift card program, we’re taking the opportunity to update our pricing model to be more in line with the market and allow you to have unlimited transactions at a set price.
- Rates based on usage volume
- Fees for printing, customization and delivery
- Fixed monthly fee per store
- Fees for printing (including customization) and delivery
To thank you for your loyalty, you’ll benefit from a discount for the two years after your migration, after which the regular rates will apply ($14.95/month/store for the Value plan and $24.95/month/store for the Custom plan).
If you don’t want to migrate
If you decide not to migrate to our new program, your current program will continue, with the same terms and conditions, until December 31, 2019. Once the program has expired, you’ll receive a list of the cards that are still in circulation, as well as their balance. You will then be responsible for honouring the gift cards that are still in circulation. As soon as you let us know about your decision, if you have cards in stock in our offices, we’ll send you an email asking if we should customize them or destroy them.
Having a problem with the gift card store or dashboard? [PDF 125 Ko]