Setting up your terminal
This guide will show you how to install and start up your Classic Signature (iCT250) terminal in a few easy steps. It is important to carefully follow all instructions to ensure correct terminal operation.
01 connecting the terminal
- Connecting the power cord: plug the power cord (black) into the round socket (A) to connect the power supply.
- Connecting the communication line: plug the phone cord (black*) into the phone socket (dial-up) or plug the network cable (blue*) into the socket (IP link).
* The cable colour may sometimes be different.
- Note: This connection is intended for merchants with an IP link. If you have only a dial-up line, only connect the phone cord.
02 starting up the terminal
After connecting the terminal, it is not necessary to turn it on because it initializes by itself. At the end of this step, the Desjardins logo will appear on the terminal screen, commonly referred to as the idle screen.
03 Inserting the thermal printer paper
- To open the terminal cover, lift the tab and push back the lid.
- Insert the paper roll.
- Push the terminal lid down to close it.
04 Activating the terminal
No call is needed and no action is required. The terminal will be activated and ready to use within 24 hours after reception.